3 days / 2 nights
from €139 pp
Thanks to the extensive trail network in Pinzgau, we are able to tailor this trip to your group’s goals and running style. Routes can be modified spontaneously, so we can run exactly as far and climb as high as your group wants. This trip takes you into the Großglockner and Großvenediger mountain ranges (home to Austria’s highest peaks and the Hohe Tauern National Park), as well as the south-eastern region of the Kitzbühel Alps. If you are able to run between 10 and 20km a day, this trip will be perfect for you! Just get in touch with us and we’ll help you pick the right one!
If you want to experience Pinzgau like the locals, stop by for a weekend on our favourite trails. Experience the culture, cuisine, and hospitality that makes Pinzgau a great place to call home. We guarantee that you’ll want to come back for more!
(Based on group of 5)
- 139€ per person
- 50% deposit required to reserve dates
- Pandemic-safe booking: Full refund if cancellation due to pandemic interference
Day 1: Mittersill ‘Home Trail’
- 13:00 – Arrival at hotel in Mittersill
- 14:00 – Meet & greet / weather briefing / Q&A
- 14:30 – First outing on Mittersill’s ‘home trail’ with focus on technique and moving efficiently in the mountains
- 18:00 – Arrive at accommodation, relax, discuss options for day two
Day 2: Niedernsill/Uttendorf – Mittersill
- 8:00 – Head out for a picturesque ride on the Pinzgau scenic railway to either Niedernsill or Uttendorf and a brief Taxi ride up to 1200m elevation
- 9:00 – Begin the day on the trail with a brief climb to the Hochsonnberg Hut
- 10:30 – Continue to the Pinzgau Trail which takes us up the Pinzgau Valley to the Sintersbachscharte (2035m)
- 12:30 – Lunch break where we take in the majestic views of Oberpinzgau and Austria’s biggest peaks
- 16:00 – Arrive at the Bürglhütte, where after a local homemade snack, we take a taxi back to the valley
- 17:00 – Arrive at accommodation, relax, discuss options for day three
Day 3: Hotel Berghof – Mittersill
- 9:00 – Brief Taxi ride to the Hotel Berghof via Hollersbach (1200m)
- 9:30 – Head up towards Platte (1787m) where a magnificent view of Mittersill and the upper Pinzgau Valley awaits
- 11:30 – Begin 5km descent towards Mittersill
- 12:30 – Arrive at accommodation
- 13:00 – Check-out and departure
3 days / 2 nights
Experience running in variable terrain is important. However, if you’re used to running on roads and flat paths, you can still have a blast in the mountains. You will find it beneficial to warm up your legs, feet, and ankles for your trail running adventure by strengthening them with some basic strength exercises. We will be going over specific techniques before our outing, but the more prepared you are, the more fun you’ll have!
Having endurance and agility is key when running in variable terrain; and having ‘mountain legs’ is a bonus! This camp is designed with flexibility in mind to suit your abilities and will be catered to your fitness level. We guide tours that stay entirely in mellow terrain as well as tours with 1000m+ elevation gain, and we love them all the same!
Trail running is meant to be light and long, where you pack smart in order to be as efficient and safe as possible. You will need shoes with an excellent tread and the ankle support you require. Additionally, you will need ample nutrition and water, an extra change of clothes (including thin gloves and a hat), sun-cream, and a light rain jacket. Light hiking poles are also recommended as they are guaranteed to ease your troubles on the climbs and the descents! See our detailed equipment list for more information!