3 days / 2 nights
from €169 pp
Base Camp 1:
Saalbach – Hinterglemm
Hochtorsee – Tristkogel – Spielberghorn
Contact us for custom dates
Just by taking a quick look at this region’s map, and you’ll see that Glemm Valley, home of Saalbach – Hinterglemm, has endless opportunities for trail running!
Thanks to the infrastructure in place in Saalbach – Hinterglemm, we are able to tailor this trip to your group’s goals and running style using cable-cars and taxis to get the most out of the experience. Prefer to run by ‘fair-means’? No problem – just choose from one of our routes without a lift. You can choose from many different options to run exactly as far and climb as high as you want. This trip takes you all over the Kitzbühel Alps mountain range. If you are able to run between 10 and 20km a day, one of these options will be perfect for you! Just contact us and we’ll help you pick the right one!
If you want to experience some of the best trail running Austria has to offer, join us for our Base Camp Saalbach – Hinterglemm. Experience the culture, cuisine, and hospitality that makes Pinzgau a great place to call home. We guarantee that you’ll want to come back for more!
(Based on group of 5)
- 169€ per person
- 50% deposit required to reserve dates
- Pandemic-safe booking: Full refund if cancellation due to pandemic interference
Day 1: Saalbach – Spielberg House
- 13:00 – Arrival at hotel in Saalbach – Hinterglemm
- 14:00 – Meet & greet / weather briefing / Q&A
- 14:30 – First outing above Saalbach to the Spielberg House and back
- 17:30 – Arrive at accommodation, relax, discuss options for day two
Day 2: Zwölferkogel – Lengau
- 9:00 – Meet up at the Lindlingalm
- 9:30 – Begin the day’s running heading up to the Schusterscharte (1985m)
- 11:00 – Continue a traverse to the Teufelsprung (2174m) and Gamshag (2178m) and on to the Hochtor Lake
- 14:00 – A quick ascent of the Tristkogel (2095m) gives us the best view of Saalbach – Hinterglemm as well as the Wilder Kaiser mountain range and the remaining Kitzbühl Alps
- 15:30 – Once we’ve moved past the Saalkogel (2006m) the descent to the Lindlingalm begins
- 17:00 – Arrive at accommodation, relax, discuss options for day three
Day 3: Kohlmaisgipfelbahn Lift – Viehofen
- 9:00 – Brief taxi ride to the Kohlmaisbahn lift
- 9:30 – Head east along the Saalachtal High Trail to the Asitzkopf (1914m)
- 11:00 – Begin descent towards Viehofen where taxi awaits to return to Saalbach – Hinterglemm
- 12:30 – Arrive at accommodation
- 13:00 – Check-out and departure
3 days / 2 nights
Experience running in variable terrain is important. However, if you’re used to running on roads and flat paths, you can still have a blast in the mountains. You will find it beneficial to warm up your legs, feet, and ankles for your trail running adventure by strengthening them with some basic strength exercises. We will be going over specific techniques before our outing, but the more prepared you are, the more fun you’ll have!
Having endurance and agility is key when running in variable terrain; and having ‘mountain legs’ is a bonus! This camp is designed with flexibility in mind to suit your abilities and will be catered to your fitness level. We guide tours that stay entirely in mellow terrain as well as tours with 1000m+ elevation gain, and we love them all the same!
Trail running is meant to be light and long, where you pack smart in order to be as efficient and safe as possible. You will need shoes with an excellent tread and the ankle support you require. Additionally, you will need ample nutrition and water, an extra change of clothes (including thin gloves and a hat), sun-cream, and a light rain jacket. Light hiking poles are also recommended as they are guaranteed to ease your troubles on the climbs and the descents! See our detailed equipment list for more information!